Emma's on her way to 3!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Baby Dreams

Okay, I don't know about anybody else on the road to mommyhood, but I must have this deep-seeded fear that I'm going to be a horrible mother because I have had three separate dreams on different occasions (always the night after holding babies or heavy baby/parenting discussions) about how bad I'll be as a mom. While I realize that in reality I won't leave my child in a car while I perform in a musical (dream #1), or in a car while I attend a seminar taught by my pastor at some random school (dream #2), or forget to feed her/him for a month because she/he was sleeping (dream #3) it still raises serious thoughts about whether I'm subconsciously terrified about eventually being a mom.

I guess if I thought I'd be the best mom in the world I would be in for a rude awakening by the time Baby Sumner shows up, so I realize that I'll have a lot to learn and I may feel like a failure at times. But, I also realize that we won't be raising Baby Sumner alone, so family and friends be warned...I'll be a complete mess as a mom so I'll be relying on each of you to remind me that I have a baby in the back seat and that it needs to eat.

I'm sure more dreams will come, but I like the day dreams way better than the ones that come at night. The day dreams are full of sleeping babies, little giggles, and a small human that has both Dan and I wrapped around a teensy-tiny finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment