Emma's on her way to 3!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pretend City

Over the holidays, Emma and I had some fun extra time together so one afternoon I took her someplace I know she's just been dying to go (okay, really I've been dying to take her there and she had no idea it even existed but she loved it when we got there).  Last year I noticed a new children's museum open up literally 5 minutes from our house.  It's called Pretend City and I couldn't wait until Emma was at least old enough to take in some of it's awesomeness even if she was too young to really "get it."  So, last week after her nap I decided it was the day to give it a try.  I was thinking that an annual pass would be a fun Christmas present for her, but didn't want to get it until we had at least been inside once!

Well, we got there and it was INCREDIBLE!!  It really is like a little city inside with a grocery store, garden, fire house, restaurant, beach, stage, town center, and more.

Emma arrived via her BMW convertible (just like mom)...


Then headed over to the gas station to fill up her Hummer...


Before proceeding to the pond for a round of (attempted) fishing...


Then, it was time for work cleaning up at the restaurant...


Before her on-stage debut as the center of her universe...


And, after a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up some mustard...


It was time to check out the boys and cruise out of town in her Little Tyke's car.


Needless to say, she literally conked out on the 5 minute car ride home and we both had fun.  She even had time to stop on the way out and make a very original construction paper Christmas tree ornament for daddy which I'm sure he will just cherish until the end of time.

I can't wait to do it again with her, and I'm sensing an annual pass in our very near future.

1 comment:

  1. Wish we had one of these in VT. Genius! So glad you are having so much fun with your adorable Emma. Best wishes - Jill

    ReplyDelete