Emma's on her way to 3!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

Baby bump

It's been a couple weeks, but I was hoping for my next post to be announcing the victory over all things nausea related. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for that day to come (as I'm sure everybody else is, and I know Dan is), but that's no reason to keep people in suspense over what's been going on in the Sumner home for the past couple of weeks.

We had my 12 week check up a couple weeks ago and everything is going along just fine. We saw the little one again and this time we saw it turn around, look straight at us, and start sucking its thumb all on the ultrasound. It's crazy that the baby was only a couple of inches long, so its fingers were only millimeters long and it was already getting its thumb into its mouth. Since then, the most exciting things have been the various places I've puked other than my house...Don Jose's, Del Taco, my office at work...and the list goes on. The count is up to 37 and I'm hoping that everything they say about feeling better after the first trimester is true. Depending on the day I take 1/2 of a Zofran when I start feeling super bad and that normally gets me through the worst part of the day. I'm still eating a lot of cereal and today I fell in love with the Tomato Basil soup at the Nordstrom cafe. I bought a jar of it because it was so good and I'm just hoping that the soup doesn't turn into something that I can't stand like my previously mentioned Del Taco bean and cheese burritos. How I loved those burritos until a week or two ago when after one bite I was reliving that burrito in the Del Taco bathroom. I haven't been able to even think of them since then.

Now that I'm 14 weeks along I'm definitely starting to notice how things aren't quite fitting the way they used to. So, I realized that this was the excuse I'd been waiting for to go shopping for some maternity clothes. Dan and I headed out last night to see what we could find (he even let me think that he was excited to go with me...what a guy) and I did a little more shopping today. All together I got five things. It's nothing to build a wardrobe, but I think of maternity clothes kind of like a wedding dress. You only wear them for a short amount of time in the whole scheme of things so why break the bank. Yes, I want to look good, and yes, I have been a big frump for the past couple months, but a change is in the air. Now that I'm at least feeling a little better I want to be one of those cute mommies-to-be that's stylish and shows the world that I haven't completely given up on myself now that I'm pregnant. Hmm...that might be a little ambitious for the time being. I think I'll just start with trying to load the dishwasher and see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment