Emma's on her way to 3!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

Blessed beyond measure, pressed down, and overflowing

This week was, by far, the most fun I've had yet being pregnant. We let the word spread and it spread FAST!! We are overwhelmed by the kind words, well wishes, and congratulations that have come our way since announcing our big news, and I'm so grateful for the people that are surrounding us and our baby with love and prayer during such an exciting time. There have been several people over the past year that I've shared with about our struggles, and I had no idea that even more people than that have been praying for us to be blessed with a bundle of joy.
Last night Dan helped me bring up some boxes to the elder meeting at church and when we got up there and shared the news, they all gathered around us and prayed for us. On Tuesday, after telling everybody in the youth group, one of the other leaders told me that she had shared our struggles with her mom a while ago when we first asked for prayer. Her mom has been praying for us since then and has a baby blanket for us because she trusted that God would answer her prayers.

I really can't put in to words the peace that I feel when I think about the rest of the pregnancy, and even parenthood. I haven't felt anxious or worried or stressed because I know that we are covered and carried by God. Yes, the nausea has been uncomfortable (if you didn't pick it up from my other posts) and with the barf count up to 28 as of tonight I can't say that I will miss this particular part of being pregnant, but mostly because it means we're that much closer to meeting our baby. And, now that the news is out and we can talk about it openly we're just appreciating all of the love that people have already sent our way.

Thank you to everybody who is celebrating with us. There's always enough joy to go around!

No comments:

Post a Comment