Emma's on her way to 3!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

1/3 of a year


Okay, Emma, I think this is going to be the last time that I say how fast time is flying by. It's not that time is slowing down at all, but it's never going to so I just have to get used to it. I'll indulge myself on birthdays and major milestones (first day of preschool, high school graduation, wedding, and maybe a couple more) but you won't see it written here every month anymore.

You're four months old today, and so much has happened this month. I started back at work after being off with you for the first 14 weeks of your life which meant that you started day care. It's been kind of a mish-mosh but so far so good. Each week you get to spend time with daddy, Grandpa Mike, Great-grandma June, Aunt Becky, and Joan's daycare. Like I said, it's a patchwork but daddy and I are so thankful for all the people who love you and look forward to spending time with you. You've handled it like a champ and have definitely settled into your groove. And, after this week you and I will have more time to spend together because I'll be back home with you during the day for a little while until I find another job. I can't wait!!

This month, you also started rolling over! Not just from your tummy to your back, but also from your back to your tummy. It's so fun seeing the look on your face when you flip-flop. I can tell that you're so proud of yourself and we're so proud of you too. Our faces light up when we see you smile and they really light up when we wake up in the morning and realize that you slept through the night. Although, lately you've been waking up in a completely different position than how we laid you down.

For example, a couple days ago I laid you in your crib like this at bed time.


And when you woke up in the morning you were like this.

Now I know why cribs are so important. If you can move like that with all of your limbs in the swaddle, we're in for a treat when you start coordinating the use of your arms and legs.

You're also falling into much more of a routine and that's helping you sleep longer at night. Lately you've been going to sleep around 9pm and waking up between 5-6am. I'm hoping that you get a good night's sleep tonight too because tomorrow is your four month doctor's appointment. I know your doctor will say how much you've grown and how perfect you are.

I can't believe how much fun it is to be your mom. Your dad and I both love you and are excited to see you grow up. I'm sure that within a couple months you'll be crawling around and once you start walking we'll talk about rent. You'll basically be grown up by then, so it will be time to start treating you like a grown up.

The world is your oyster my sweet girl...open with reckless abandon!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment