Emma's on her way to 3!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

10 years!

Last week Dan and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and it was awesome!  We alternate the event planning, so I plan the odd years' celebrations and he does even years.  It works well for us, and then we never really have to go through the "what-do-you-want-to-do", "i-don't-know-what-do-you-want-to-do" conversation which inevitably leads down a path of total self-destruction. 

He told me to be home by 5:30, so I left work a little early to pick Emma up and while I was on the way to get her he called and said that he was picking her up instead so I could just go home and start getting ready (1 point for Dan).  We both got home and he took Emma next door because he had already made plans for my parents to watch her while we were out (2 points).

We headed out to dinner and he pulled into the parking lot of this cheap place we go all the time (huh?).  So, he parked knowing that I was looking a little confused but going along with it, then, only after we were both out of the car did he tell me he was kidding.  We got back in the car and carried on.  After parking at the beach we walked around to a little Italian place we went on either our first or second anniversary, Il Farro.  We walked in and on the table was a H.U.G.E. arrangement of the most beautiful flowers.

Dan actually has a co-worker who loves doing flower arrangements on the side, so she put this whole thing together for me along with a smaller bouquet in front of my seat, and had it delivered along with candles.  He sent her pictures of our wedding so she could pick out the flowers that we used, and she used the same ones in this massive arrangement.

We had a lovely dinner of yummy bruschetta and spinach gnocchi that was sooooo good, and finished it off with canoli that reminded me of our trip to Italy a few years back.  As we were walking out we actually got a round of applause from another table.  They were obviously as impressed with Dan's planning skills as I was.  Since we were at the beach, we walked around for a little longer before stopping at the store for milk on our way home.

The floral foam that the arrangement was in broke when we got home, but we pulled out all the flowers and it made seven different arrangements that we set around our house for decoration.  There were more flowers in that arrangement than I currently have in my garden. 

It was an awesome way to celebrate 10 years with the best man for me and the best dad for Emma.  Realistically, 10 years is just a drop in the bucket, but still worth celebrating.  We have a lot of great years left together and now it's time to up my game.  Next year it's my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment