Emma's on her way to 3!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Okay, seriously!!

Where have I been since my last post in JUNE??  Ugh, where to start.  We've been without internet since we moved in April except for one square foot where we pick up the wifi from our neighbors (who happen to be my parents).  So, I've been keeping my time online to what's absolutely necessary while sitting backwards on the couch with my computer in our bay window in that one square foot where I can sometimes pick up a signal, or what I can pick up on my phone.  The blog didn't fall into either of those categories.  Now I'm sitting comfortably in our recliner watching So You Think You Can Dance with a five-bar wifi connection and happy as a clam.

Since it's been a while, I'll start where I left off.  First there was the Fourth of July.  We had so much fun with various friends and family lighting fireworks on our street in front of our house like we've done every year since I was little (on the same street, just in front of the house next door now that we live right next to the house where I grew up).  Emma was definitely more into the fireworks this year than she was last year.



She also had fun on her new tricycle in the dress that I made for her for our celebration.  Don't get too excited though.  It's just two bandanas sewn together.  They're already hemmed so it was easy peasy lemon squeezy.  I cut some off the top to make it shorter while still leaving the bottom hem in tact and used the extra fabric as straps, then I used this awesome elastic thread around my bobbin and sewed 12ish rows to make it all elasticky on the top.  


Emma had some fun finger painting (and maybe a little tongue painting?).  I figured I'd forget trying to find a smock (aka. one of Dan's t-shirts) and just let her paint right before bath time.  It worked out and that newspaper will be worth some money someday.



We also got some photos (like 2,000) scanned using a couple Groupons so now we have electronic record of all sorts of things including our wedding since digital wasn't quite the fad it is today.  I might need to do some color adjustment, but here's a picture from our wedding {sigh}.  As I look back at all the wedding pictures I notice everything I'd do differently if my wedding were today, but the one thing that wouldn't change is the guy.

And here are some pictures of Dan and I when we were about Emma's age so you can decide who she looks more like.  Thoughts?  Realistically I should probably put up pics of some other family members too because there are resemblances to all of us. Now that the pics are scanned I have some seriously awesome blackmail material, but since my family all has copies of the same photo disc I need to harness my power and pull out the big guns only when absolutely necessary. The day will come but it's not today.




Now that I'm reconnected hopefully I'll be able to get on here more frequently.  No guarantees though (I'm under-promising with the hopes to over-deliver).

1 comment:

  1. That must be nice to have all your photos safe and available! Would you e-mail me some of your wedding one sometime for my scrapbook (any with me in them ;) and also a couple of you guys/overall wedding type ones). Your wedding was the last time I was anywhere in make-up!

    ReplyDelete