Emma's on her way to 3!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Recap of Aunt Becky's farewell

Before my sister, Becky, left for Africa she organized a family farewell at my parent's ranch in the desert at the beginning of August.  My parents go out there more than Dan and I, but we try to go a few times a year.  This was Emma's second time, and she LOVED it.  

She started by introducing her piggy and bunny to the "ranch dog" (the stuffed animal that my mom got from the carpet company when she placed her order...random, right?).


They all seemed to get along just fine which made Emma happy.


Then, we realized that this place isn't really baby proof and we're going to need to keep a close eye on our little one.  With a wood burning stove, sharp corners on tile, and big logs lying around it could have been a recipe for disaster, but considering that Emma was basically surrounded 24/7 by somebody it all worked out.

She took Papa on a ride in Big Foot, the 6-wheeler, and she most certainly did it in style.


And then we got Onyx, our third dog, named after the town where he's from.  Emma's just rollin' with her homey, but Onyx was a little unsure of the whole situation.  He's adjusting just fine now, but he is definitely a puppy.


Some other things we did at the ranch were: swim in the kiddie pool, Emma "drove" my dad's truck along the driveway while he threw weeds in the back, we went to the river and even though the water was freezing cold she had a great time splashing away, had great family time with my sister, and we slept, and slept, and slept.  Oh how I miss those long lazy naps.  I guess if I could sleep like that all the time I wouldn't get sleep deprived enough to really appreciate those times when they come along.

And, oh yeah, Emma pooped and peed all in her pack-n-play after taking her diaper off, then climbed out of said pack-n-play (because who would want to hang out in their own poop) to wind up sitting bare bottomed in our room all while I thought she was taking a nap...oh the joy.  At least she hasn't figured out how to climb out of her crib yet, but I'm sure that time is coming too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment